Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things Content Creators Have to Ponder


This blog is still in the process of forming. There are numerous decisions to be made.

How do I market this? What do I write about? What should be the layout? What are my key words? What kind of media do I use? Who is my audience? How often do I add new content? Who can add content? What about formatting?  Etc.

Each answer having a distinct impact, each having a consequence that probably should be carefully gauged and considered before continuing forward. If I want this blog, this creation of mine, to actually have a chance of being noticed and utilized there are numerous actions needed to be taken.


A great marketer or teacher would sit down and create a top something list. Say a "Top 10," or "101 Simple Things You Can Do."  These kind of lists are great in many respects especially for grabbing the attention of the ever so shrinking attention span of Westerners (and probably anyone who has access to Google or Baidu). As great as these lists are for "hits" and other forms that quantify garnering a person's attention, I think they are superbly superficial. There is plenty of fluff in the world and not enough hot cocoa out in the world.

Think it's time to make some delicious hot cocoa. Think it is time to give some relevance to the overload of fluff that permeates through our society. To do this I hark back to the idea of list and decision making. The next couple of posts will be about certain decisions that I have made and the logic behind them. This blog's aim is connect, educate/ inform and enlighten people who have realized there is a paradigm shift occurring. What used to work is now broken. It is up to us to figure out a new path and the lessons I learn will apply to more than just making an awesome blog. We live in a time where people's work is asymmetrically rewarded to an absurd degree and blogging is a great microcosm of this world.

So whatever you are planning on doing, it might behoove you to have open eyes, ears and minds. That's how serendipity occurs.


Happy hunting my friends,


LFMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your two cents?