Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Explanation

Hello All,

Believe it is time to do some explaining. I have spent the last couple months doing what all recent finance grads do if they want to break into Wall Street and eventually become what Micheal Lewis dubbed a BSD (Big Swinging Dick, if my memory serves me correct), I got an entry level analyst job in the finance department of a sector that I wanted to dominate. After doing some looking around and doing some serious grunt work in this position, I noticed that I was not playing to my strengths. Also, the path that I was following in the hopes of garnering a similar level of success like the others who came before me and my peers is crumbling, no; rapidly decaying into irrelevance right before our eyes.


This is the path, the yellow brick road may you, that many have followed on their journey to what society has deemed to "success."  This yellow brick road is the same that has lead millions to go for their bachelor's the second they're done with high school regardless to the debt they may take on or if they are actually ready for the next round of hoops to jump through. This yellow brick road is the same that has lead millions to take jobs that make them miserable and in my opinion allow serious atrophy of critical skills necessary in the coming years. This yellow brick road is the same that has lead millions into foreclosure, job lost and just a miserable lifestyle in recent years. This yellow brick road may have worked for millions but the times are a changin', once again.

The only thing I know for certain is that there are very large, most likely impossible to truly comprehend, global imbalances that are in the process of readjusting. How far will they go? I do not know but a statistician would probably say it seems that they are most likely  in the process of mean reverting. Many long tail events are starting to look much more possible. With this in mind, I say it's time to live. It's time to be truly honest with yourself. Figure out your strengths and weakness then look around. See what you can attack and dominate. It is time to make your own brick road.

This blog is for the people who have the courage to leave that yellow brick road the previous generations have adhered to. I am interested in your stories, words of wisdom and whatever else you may have to offer. Please utilize this spot.

If you're an entrepreneur let's hear about your dream!
If you're taking a break from the whole formal edumacation thing, let's hear what you're doing instead!
If you're an artist, let's see your work!

Essentially if you're doing your own thing and are proud about it, this blog is for you. Hopefully some synergy will come from this venture. Maybe we'll be able to connect people, maybe we won't. All I know is the environment is ripe and the time to be bold is now.

Happy hunting my friends,

LFMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your two cents?